Nowadays a lot of people have a problem with insomnia. Many Americans must fight with this problem and choose to use medicaments which can be potentially addictive and come with a long list of side effects like heartburn, constipation, dizziness, and attention issues.
If you want a natural alternative that actually work you have to try this recipe.
- 1 tsp of honey;
- 1 drop of vanilla extract;
- 6oz of organic, hormone free milk (if you are a vegan, replace dairy with almond milk).
First heat the milk, but be careful to not boil. Then pour the warm milk into a glass and add the vanilla and honey. Mix everything together and drink it slowly before going to bed.
How does it work ?
All the ingredients allow the body to power down.
- Vanilla -This ingredient relaxes the mind. Vanilla is great if the insomnia is caused by racing thoughts. Also vanilla can help if your insomnia is caused by a respiratory illness like sleep apnea.
- Milk– Tryptophan which is part of milk helps sleep and encourages the production of serotonin and melatonin that results in a sedative-like effect.
- Honey – One study discovered that honey improves the rest quality. It is able to trigger chemical reactions which lead to more sleep-inducing melatonin being released in the brain.